Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gago, Grissom and Ghostly creature


Finally I got some free time to update my blog. I manage to settle one of my assignments but yet still have 2 more to go. The deadline is in March, so as I said, some breathing space and some free time to surf the net. It seems that a lot for me to chit chat here but don’t know whether I can share it all.
I have a very good conversation last Sunday between, me, my wife and my father in law. The conversation was regarding local language in Melayu Sarawak. I rather found it interesting. For example, some weird word that Malay are using, OMO, BEECHIN, SELUAR BIB ( jgn otak kuning k ), BELIANG, PAGU, LANG to name a few, as I’m sure there are a lot more out there. Do you know that the word OMO is actually a brand of one washing detergent which is quite popular a long time ago? Because of the popularity, even though your mother, your wife or husband bought a washing detergent Trojan, Breeze, they still call it OMO. For BEECHIN, it also a brand beside AJINOMOTO, but we Sarawakian use Beechin before Ajinomoto. And the popularity of this name still widely uses my housewife nowadays and the even call Ajinomoto as Beechin. And according to my father in law, the word SELUAR BIB actually came from the word BRIEF, I mean men’s brief. Pagu is an old word for rack, Lang is the other word for door. Do you know that Sarawak Malay people have the special word for pink, even Bahasa Malaysia doesn’t have it, KALAS. I guess if somebody has the initiative to compile all the word, I believe we can make it as book for our future generation viewing.
CSI Vegas new season started last night. Warrick Brown dead and for the first time Grissom crying in this series. Nick almost shoots the deputy sheriff who shot Warrick. A season of change they name it and can’t even wait this most anticipated season as I believe this is the season where Grissom will quit as the Vegas CSI chief. I guess this series will never be the same without Grissom. I love his character. One of a kind. Even Horatio (CSI Miami) or Greg (CSI New York) can be compare to Grissom.
I’m still waiting for my blood test result. Still suffering with my movement. The swollen has gone but the pain is still there, All my medicine almost finish now. An old man which I met yesterday, asking me what wrong with my ankle and I said don’t know, so he decided to some shaman work on my ankle, Malay called it ‘menenong’. Surprisingly he said to me that it was cause by an unseen creature. Puzzle? Malay said it ‘makhluk halus’. He said it the people who place the ‘thing’ are aiming for somebody else but unfortunately I step on it first. I can say it as a misfiring …..He suggested that I try a traditional way to cure it and promise me to look for a shaman who is capable to cure it. What can I say? Well just try my luck and hopefully my ankle will cure. Hopefully.
And this weekend will be a very weekend for me. Makan hol for my late mother, my nephew birthday party, a wedding to attend, and also a dinner at Buntal celebrating my father in law birthday.
I guess that’s it for now and Al-Fatihah for my late mother….

No comments:

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfirtri 1442H /2021- Pandemic Raya yang kedua.

Tersusun rapi sepuluh jari, Bunga melur si bunga melati , Ucapan dihantar pengganti diri, Mohon maaf setulus hati. Assalamualaikum ...